In the Breastplate of Aaron
- "And they set in it four rows of stones:
the first row was a
topaz, and a
carbuncle: this was the first row.
And the second row, an emerald, a
sapphire, and a
And the third row, a ligure,
agate, and an
And the fourth row, a beryl,
onyx, and a
they were enclosed in ouches of gold in their inclosings."
Exodus 39:10 - 13
The gems of New Jerusalem
"And the building of the wall of it was of
and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
Revelation 21:18 - 20
- And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones.
- The first foundation was
- the second, sapphire;
- the third, a
- the fourth, an emerald;
- the fifth,
- the sixth, sardius;
- the seventh, chrysolyte;
- the eighth, beryl;
- the ninth, a topaz;
- the tenth, a
- the eleventh, a jacinth;
- the twelfth, an amethyst."
Part of Ezekiel's lamenatation upon the king of Tyrus
- "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering,
- the sardius,
topaz, and the
- the beryl, the
onyx, and the
- the sapphire, the
emerald, and the
- and gold:
- the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created."
Part of Job's description of wisdom and understanding
Job 28:15 - 19
Surely there is a vein for the silver,
and a place for gold
where they fine it.
- Iron is taken out of the earth, and
brass is molten out of the stone.
Ezekiel 28:1 - 2
- It cannot be gotten for gold, neither shall
silver be weighed for the price thereof.
- It cannot be valued with the gold of Ophir,
with the precious
onyx, or the
- The gold and the crystal cannot equal it:
and the exchange of it shall not be for jewels of fine gold.
- No mention shall be made of coral, or of
pearls: for the price of wisdom is above
- The topaz
of Ethiopia shall not equal it, neither shall it be valued with pure